Monday, September 13, 2010

Easy Listening

I turn on the radio . . .

Baby, baby, baby, ohh - switch
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn - switch
Fernando - switch
I wanna be a billionaire -  switch

And lest you say that I should just turn on the local Christian radio station, I will tell you that I am frustrated with the repetitiveness, lack of depth, and frankly, bad theology of half of those songs.  Just my opinion :)  I was asked to help choose music for our Junior Church program, and I found some of the most listenable music.  It's not geared to children, specifically, but it is very family friendly.  The music is put out by Seeds Family Worship.  The first two volumes are "Seeds of Courage"  and "Seeds of Faith".   The songs are essentially Bible verses set to contemporary music.  I find myself listening to it when Grae isn't in the car!  :)

The cds can be found at www.seedsfamilyworship.net

2 comments:

  1. I love these! We're using them in junior church, too, and right now I have Mark 12:30-31 stuck in my head! Not a bad thing at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete