Monday, March 19, 2012

Defeated Perfectionism 101

So, I could probably search my blog for the terms "terrible blogger" and I'm sure I would come up with a bunch of hits.  I so long to write and articulate, pithy, and worthwhile articles, tips for the home, award winning photos, finger lickin' recipes etc ad nauseum.  It seems in the blogging world I'm a jack of all trades and master of none.  I have plenty to write about:

I'm a wretched sinner saved by grace
I'm married to a former shoe-lace salesman turned full time orphan care advocate
I've adopted 2 boys domestically, (one precocious little whipper snapper with Dennis the Menace-like tendencies, and one little observer with fabulous hair and an extra chromosome)
I'm a pretty good cook
I'm a freelance writer (I'm actually getting paid to write in some capacity)
I'm an experienced teacher in the classical method
I'm an aspiring novelist with 11 chapters of a novel (I've been working on for  4 years)
I'm crafty (and not in the Beasty Boys definition)
I'm homeschooling


All the blogging sites emphasize that you need to have a focus.  I have none.  When I try to come up with a focus, I just feel defeated and don't blog.  And that is why my last post was February 22, 2012.  I'm just resigned now to give you a smattering of what is Wendy.  I'm sorry if you are a reader looking for information on life with a child with down syndrome, or if you are only interested in my amazing avocado dip . . . I'm just too scattered a person to pretend to be that focused.  If you are looking for a picture into a life of a quirky, self proclaimed defeated Type A, with lots of flaws, some delicious recipes, and heaps of sanctification left to go, I'm your gal.  Hope you'll stick with me :)

8 comments:

  1. well, I love following your blog!!! :) I love reading blogs that reflect Christ...encouragement to my soul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! I love to watch T getting so adjusted to family life with you all. She is so beautiful. I'm glad the recovery is going well!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the world of "here and there" blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend! Check out my fancy dancy new header. I'm so proud of my non-tech savvyness. I used fotoflexer.

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite kind of blog. real life. i'm a fan, and a fellow imperfectionist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! I'm super blogger today because I'm home with the flu. Hopefully I'll be able to post more when I'm not trapped in my room! I love your extended fam 'specially that Emily!

      Delete
  4. Wendy,

    I read this post earlier but was on my phone and couldn't comment. I LOVE reading your blog and each time I visit here, I am encouraged and I laugh and I just love what you write.

    You know, I got a comment last fall when I started my 365 project from "Anonymous" that said: "I thought this was a recipe blog. Now it seems it's turned into a photography blog of your kids and well, that's fine if that's what you want it to be."

    I was sad when I read that. It hurt to some degree. But, it made me realize that my blog is exactly what *I* want it to be. On any given day. Not anyone else's idea of what it should be. I have no focus or plan - it's just me - being me and expressing myself and creating. And, I'm kind of all over the place.

    Anyway, all that to say, I totally understand what you've written here. And, I hope you know that the "Wendy" on here - well, I love her. Just as she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I love your blog and those little men. I'm resolved to just share my real life . . . in which I am really scattered and all over the place! God speaks to me through so many different types of blogs that I'm hoping, something I say may resonate. Thank you!!

      Delete