Monday, December 21, 2009

Too spicy . . .

Tonight is Shane's last night at McCormick.  For those of you that don't know, Shane has been working night shift at McCormick for a little over a year.  During that year, my dear husband has been working an average of 50 hours a week, seven days a week.  The job came to us as a blessing after several months working as a contractor and an eventual fall off of a roof.  That's another story. 

This year has been a stretch for all of us, but I am reminded that this was God's good plan for us and not some afterthought.  I am learning to be more patient with Shane (stress the word learning) and more grateful for the time that we do have together.  I have learned that my husband is a man of strength and endurance in a situation that would have made me crumble.  He always says that he works hard for me and Grae. 

I'm glad to be finished with, "SHHH!  Daddys sleeping", and "Hon, what's for my lunch (at 8:45 at night)."  I'm mostly glad for the time with my husband that I have so missed this past year.  It reminded me to pray for those military families that don't get to see their husbands/daddies for extended times.  I will miss free bags of mystery powders and the spicy smell of Shane as he creeps into bed at 7:00.  Thankfully we still have a McCormick hookup . . .  Thanks Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment