Monday, January 10, 2011

Low Country Stew

I like to cook, but I love it when I find a simple delicious meal that is economical and very easy.  Here is my latest discovery.  I found the recipe on E-mealz.  This site is a wonderful time-saving resource and very economical.  I used another site for 5 years that had menus and shopping lists, but the recipes on E-mealz have been delicious.  There are very few we have not liked.  Here it is:

Low Country Stew

8 small new red potatoes
1 large sweet onion, quartered
1 lb smoked Kielbasa (I used turkey)
2Tbs Old Bay Seasoning (a Maryland staple)
4-5 cups water
4-6 ears of corn on the cob halved (I didn't have so I subbed 3 cups of frozen beans)
1 lb large shrimp (frozen or fresh, shells on)

Put potatoes, onion, veg, and sausage in large pot with the water.  Stir in Old Bay. Bring to boil.  Reduce to medium for 10 min. Add shrimp.  Simmer 5-7 minutes until shrimp is done.  Drain in collander and serve with hot rolls and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment