Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mom Tip: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . .

Every masterpiece he creates is precious; the scribble crayon landscapes and paint flecked scraps of paper.  So what do you do with all of the masterpieces that begin to pile up in your home?  I have a solution that may help.  I have a 12x12 scrapbooking storage box that I put G's most treasured or memorable creations.  What about the others?  (Remember, those precious pieces of artwork aren't memories, the time that you spent with them is)

When we are ready to make room for some new projects, I have found that sending them to a loved one is a great solution.  Those out of town grandparents or aunts and uncles love to see a little craftiness from my LO and it also serves as a great way to keep in touch.

Next time you find your refrigerator door is getting overcrowded, pull one of your little Picasso's lovely projects down and send it to someone you love.  They will love it too!

3 comments:

  1. Another neat idea I learned from my neighbor- scan or take a photo of said art and print it out really small, like 2" or so, and use while scrapbooking instead of those expensive stickers n such. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Stacey's comment on facebook, and I came over.

    My older daughter (4 1/2) colors so much that I just throw them away. Is that bad? But I will look into one of those boxes because then I'll have somewhere to save a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - Great idea. The scrapbooker in me loves that!
    Nikki - Toss away girl! I only save the really special stuff like handprints and really cute milestone art. I have resolved to try to choose only what will fit in the box (2 inches x 12 x 12) I love Stacey! Ask her about our acting debut!

    ReplyDelete